Education SubCommittee (Professional Development)
Members: Margaret Black, Teresa Burk, Emilee Mathews, Patrick Tomlin
- A subcommittee of the Professional Development Committee to organize and host Lunchtime Chats and webinars to facilitate discussion, information sharing, and peer learning among members between conferences;
- Coordinate other continuing education activities and initiatives of the Society as appropriate
Membership and Continuity
- Composition: Not to exceed five.
- Terms of Service
- Chair: One year, renewable.
- Members: Ideally, two members are carried over from the previous year.
- Chair and members, by appointment of the Professional Development
- Committee chair in cooperation with the ARLIS/NA Vice-President. Subcommittee chair is a member of Professional Development Committee.
Roles & Responsibilities
Subcommittee Chair Carries out charge of the subcommittee; communicates regularly with and submits an annual report of activity to the Professional Development Committee chair.
Committee Members Assist subcommittee chair in all subcommittee activities.
- Annual calendar: Administrative calendar (conference to conference).
- Decision-making process (where applicable)
- Eligibility: Only members of the subcommittee can make motions and vote.
- Methodology: Generalized parliamentary procedure (motion, second, discussion, vote).
- Reporting: Discussions and actions during committee meetings are recorded in meeting minutes. Annual report made by subcommittee chair to the Professional Development Committee chair.
- Funding sources: Funding for special projects requested from Board; all other subcommittee-sponsored workshops are self-sustained from workshop registration fees.
Communications & Dissemination
- Internal to ARLIS/NA: see ARLIS/NA Policy Manual Section A-9. Subject: Communications
- External to ARLIS/NA: see ARLIS/NA Policy Manual Section A-9. Subject: Communications