PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, July 2018
Professional Development Committee news:
- Does your library host interns? Help us update the Internship Roster! Use the online submission form or email PDCwith changes.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- ArLiSNAP & VREPS Fall Virtual Conference: Critical Librarianship in the Arts
- NDSR Art Capstone: Preserving Media Art & Digital Art Information
Calls for Proposals:
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS) Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, June 18-21, 2019. Proposals due Aug. 3.
- The Library Collective Annual Gathering, Knoxville, Tennessee, March 6-8, 2019. Proposals due Aug. 3.
- College Art Association Conference, New York, New York, Feb. 13-16, 2019. Proposals due Aug. 6.
- Stedelijk Studies special issue, Towards a Museum of Mutuality. Proposals due Sept. 7.
- New Approaches to Liaison Librarianship: Innovations in Instruction, Collections, Reference, and Outreach. Chapter proposals due Sept. 14.
- Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, Apr. 10-13, 2019. Proposals due Oct. 12.
- Metropolitan Museum Journal. Proposals due Oct. 15.
- Comic Studies Society Conference, Champaign, Illinois, Aug. 9-11.
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Aug. 24-30.
- Open Education Conference, Niagara Falls, New York, Oct. 10-12.
- Global Asian Aesthetics on American Art and Material Culture, Winterthur Museum, New Castle County, Delaware, Oct. 11-14.
- Digital Directions: Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections, NEDCC, Atlanta, Georgia, Oct. 15-16.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committeeto spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Chair)